Back to Blog

How to Start a Trucking Company in 2021 (Full Guide)

By Vineet Baid on June 02, 2020

Trucking is the backbone of America’s economy. American Trucking Association estimates that the trucking industry employs nearly 8.7 million people, of whom 3.5 million are truck drivers. This sheer number speaks volumes to the significance of trucking not only for the economy of our country but also for the lives of our people. The constant smooth movement of merchandise is vital to the economy of any country. The wheels of America’s trucks grease the wheels of America’s economy.

Start a Trucking Business US Flag

This is the guide on how to start a trucking business.

The Basics

This guide is about starting a trucking business from scratch, so some basic requirements must be discussed. For example, a trucking business owner must know about things such as federal taxes, legal licenses, and insurance policies to name a few. Starting a trucking business also requires specific domain knowledge such as how to do paperwork, deciding the routes of the fleet, selecting and appointing professional drivers, coordinating with merchants, being prepared for any financial setback and so on.

Each different requirement is discussed step by step in this article. But FIRST:

How Much Money Do Owner Operator Truck Drivers Make?

An owner operator truck driver is someone who owns/leases their own truck and drives it as well. This can be looked at as an incredible first accomplishment into starting a trucking business, with growth happening from purchasing more trucks and hiring more employees. There are approximately 350,000 owner-operators registered in America according to OOIDA or the Owner-Operator Independent Association. The owner operator business can be quite lucrative and doesn’t require a degree (even having a college degree is not mandatory). According to recent data from and, Owner Operators on average make upwards of $100,000. This can be looked at as gross income which doesn't take into account the cost of the truck, taxes, gas, or any other business expenses that might come up. Regardless, it is a fairly high paying position though with a lot of work in terms of finding and planning loads. 

How much do Owner Operators Make Meme

Legal Licenses Required to Start a Trucking Business

There are certain legal licenses that a trucking company is required to have in order to start and grow the business. Those requirements are listed below. Each of them are discussed in further details:

Commercial Drivers License

The first and foremost legal license for especially an owner operator trucking business is a CDL or a Commercial Drivers License. To drive a CMV or commercial motor vehicle, a driver is required to have a CDL. Drivers applying for a CDL should first obtain a CDL Manual, as per the FMCSA or Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association in order to prepare for the written test. Each state may have its own unique requirements for obtaining a CDL that can be found by going to a local DMV. 

The process of getting a CDL is not hard; it just requires a bit of preparation. Any candidate applying for a CDL has to be 21 years old (though some states allow candidates who are 18 years old to apply too). 

The first step is to submit the respective state’s CDL application with applicable fees. The documents required are usually social security number, identity, and US proof of residency. Additionally, the applicant also has to submit a Medical Examination Report Form (MCSA-5875) and a Medical Examiner’s Certificate Form (MCSA-5876). These forms must be filled out by a medical examiner who is listed on the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners. This is to ensure that the driver is in good health to drive a commercial vehicle. 

Additionally, the applicant must pass a vision test, followed by a written test. On passing both of these, the candidate will be given a CLP or Commercial Learner’s Permit. After at least two weeks of obtaining the CLP, the CDL road skills exam can be scheduled.

The road skills exam is usually given in the candidate’s own vehicle. The appropriate fees have to be paid after passing the tests. Additionally, if a candidate had a driver’s license in any jurisdiction or state other than the current one, a 10 years record check may also be submitted. 

There are 3 classes of CDL which an applicant may opt for. The type of CDL depends on the type of vehicle the applicant wants to drive. The vehicle’s GVWR or Gross Vehicle Weight Rating is a key criteria to classify the different classes of CDL required. The 3 classes of CDL are:

  • Class A CDL: For an applicant who wants to drive a combination vehicle of 26,001 lbs or more GVWR (including a 10,001 lbs or heavier towed vehicle). Some of the vehicles a Class A CDL holder can operate are flatbeds, livestock carriers, double and triple tractors, tractor-trailers and so on
  • Class B CDL: For an applicant who wants to operate a single vehicle of 26,001 lbs or more GVWR (including a 10,000 lbs or lighter towed vehicle). A Class B CDL holder can operate school buses, couriers, tour buses, straight trucks and so on
  • Class C CDL: If an applicant doesn’t want to operate any vehicle that requires a Class A CDL or a Class B CDL, a Class C CDL has to be applied for. A Class C CDL holder can operate passenger vehicles, small HAZMAT (Hazardous Material) vehicles, and so on

A holder of a Class A CDL can operate vehicles listed under Class B as well as Class C CDL, with the proper endorsements. Similarly, a Class B CDL holder can drive vehicles that require a Class C CDL with the proper endorsements. There may be certain variations on all the information above depending on the local law. 

Search for the closest DMV to request a CDL Manual and to learn more. 

US DOT Number

The next license that an owner will need is getting a U.S. DOT number. All trucking companies that engage in hauling interstate cargo or commercial transportation of passengers are required to be registered with the FMCSA and get a U.S. DOT number. This is an important step in starting a trucking business. It is a unique identification number for the trucking company that is used when collecting and monitoring safety information that is acquired during compliance reviews, inspections, crash investigations and audits. This tool will help decide if you need a US DOT number or not: Also it will have all the instructions on how to apply for one. 

MC Number (Operating Authority)

The next thing that a trucking company may need is a MC or Motor Carrier Number. It is known as ‘Operating Authority’. 

Operating Authority is required by a trucking company if it does either of the following:

• The trucking company transports goods that are regulated federally and are owned by others. 

• The trucking company transports passengers as a part of interstate commerce. They may or may not charge a direct or indirect fee. 

A business may need to get multiple different operating authorities. Fees have to be submitted separately for each kind of authority that is required. However, all applicants must note that the FMCSA does not give any refunds even if applications are made by mistake. Applicants should be completely sure about requiring a particular authority and then submit the appropriate application. For more information on how to submit for an operating authority please visit this site: 

New applicants may expect to finish the process in 20-25 business days (if the FMCSA requires further investigation, an additional time of 8 weeks or more may be required). For applications sent via US Mail it may take 45-60 business days.

After the operating authority number has been granted, the documents are sent to the applicants within 3-4 business days. However, if the applicant notices that 10 business days have passed since the operating authority number was granted, a call should be made at 800-832-5660 between 8am and 8pm Eastern Time for assistance. Alternatively, the applicants can contact the FMCSA through:

After the first operating authority has been granted, additional authorities can be applied for via the OP-series forms. The type and level of insurance that the FMCSA requires might be affected by the type of Operating Authority that is being requested. Hence, applicants should weigh the situation and requirements carefully before sending an application as the FMCSA will not provide any refund for any wrong or mistaken application.

Applications via the OP-1 form can be submitted for the following interstate Operational Authorities:

Motor Carrier of Property (except Household Goods)

This Operating Authority is for authorized for-hire Motor Carriers that are engaged in transporting regulated commodities apart from household goods for the common public in return of payment. All interested Motor Carriers of Property (except Household Goods) are first required to submit proof of public liability (BI & PD— Bodily Injury and Property Damage) with the FMCSA. Only after doing so, will they be allowed to get the Interstate Operating Authority. Applicants should note that for this interstate Operating Authority, cargo insurance is not required.

Motor Carrier of Household Goods (Moving Companies)

Trucking Requirements Moving

This Operating Authority is for authorized for-hire Motor Carriers which are engaged in transporting specifically household goods for the common public for payment. It must be noted here that by ‘household goods’, the FMCSA means personal items that are or will be used in a home. This category can also include items which are either shipped from a store or a factory. It generally means that these items are intended to be used in homes and the transportation may be done at the request of the householder who is also responsible for paying the transportation charges. For this interstate Operating Authority, the Motor Carriers of Household Goods have to submit proof of both public liabilities—BI & PD as well as cargo insurance with the FMCSA. Only after doing so, will the applicant be allowed to get this Operating Authority. Also, all applicants who are seeking Operating Authorities as motor carriers of household goods are required to also offer mandatory arbitration. This arbitration will act as a means of settling disputes regarding damage and loss of collect-on-delivery shipments.

Broker of Property (except Household Goods)

This Operating Authority is for any individual, any partnership or a corporation that uses authorized Motor Carriers to arrange the transportation of property, apart from household goods, which belong to others for a payment. The brokers neither take any responsibility for the goods that are transported nor do they ever take possession of the goods.

Broker of Household Goods

This Operating Authority is for any individual, any partnership or a corporation that uses authorized Motor Carriers to arrange the transportation of household goods which belongs to others for a payment. The brokers neither take any responsibility for the goods that are transported nor do they ever take possession of them. Additionally, if an individual broker, a partnership or a corporation arranges for a Motor Carrier to provide the following extra services, it is required to get registered as a broker of household goods:

  • Binding and non-binding estimates
  • Inventorying
  • Protective packing and unpacking of individual items at the personal residences of the client
  • Loading and unloading of household goods at the personal residences of the clients

United States-based Enterprise Carrier of International Cargo (except Household Goods)

This Operating Authority is for any company that is engaged in transporting international cargo, apart from household goods. The company’s headquarter should be in the United States but has to be either owned or controlled (having more than 55% share) by a citizen of Mexico or a resident alien. By ‘international cargo’, the FMCSA means goods that originate in or are destined for a foreign country.

A few other Operating Authorities are:

  • United States-based Enterprise Carrier of International Household Goods
  • Motor Passenger Carrier Authority
  • Non-North America-Domiciled Motor Carriers
  • Mexico-based Carriers for Motor Carrier Authority to Operate Beyond U.S. Municipalities and Commercial Zones on the U.S.-Mexico Border
  • Mexican Certificate of Registration for Foreign Motor Carriers and Foreign Motor Private Carriers Under 49 U.S.C. 13902
  • Freight Forwarder Authority

What is Freight Forwarding?

Freight forwarders are professionals who arrange shipping of freight on behalf of their clients. Freight forwarders are involved with more specialized work that involves legal requirements and specific domain knowledge. Once the operating authority is obtained, freight forwarders are equipped to handle interstate or international shipments. They ‘forward’ the ‘freights’ through various legal procedures in each of the locations where the shipment stops before its final destination. Additionally, the main function of a freight forwarder is to ensure smooth clearance of freight as it moves from state to state or from country to country. The other functions of freight forwarders are:

  • They can store shipments on behalf of clients
  • They can provide assembly and consolidation services to clients
  • To forward freight, cargo space is reserved by freight forwarders with ocean or air service providers on behalf of clients

Proof of Insurance

Insurance Trucking Company How to Start

It is required to have Proof of Insurance (Public Liability Insurance) for a trucking company to get approval for a U.S. DOT number. Without Proof of Insurance, the FMCSA will not grant a DOT number. Public Liability Insurance is required for Motor carriers and Freight Forwarders. Public Liability Insurance gives coverage against bodily injury, property damage and environmental restoration. For motor carriers and freight forwarders, the minimum insurance coverage varies from $750,000-$5,000,000, if only dealing with freight. The insurance amount depends on the commodities that are being transported. However, if the trucking companies are moving non-hazardous freight in vehicles which weigh less than 10,001 lbs, the minimum insurance coverage amount is $300,000. Trucking companies should remember that all insurance cards are required to be kept in the truck, while declaration pages may be maintained in the company’s office.

Form BOC-3

The filing of Form BOC-3 is an additional requirement by the FMSCA in order to receive a MC Number. BOC or ‘Blanket of Coverage’ assigns legal agents in each of the states that the trucking company operates in, and those agents have the capacity to receive or forward legal documents on behalf of the trucking company. 

The Form BOC-3 can be filed only by process agents on behalf of the trucking company. However, the Form BOC-3 can be filed on one’s own behalf if the freight forwarder applicant or the broker does not have a CMV. The completed form should clearly list out all the states for which the trucking company requires agency designations. The trucking operator or the broker must ensure that one copy of the application is retained in the home office. 

While assigning process agents, the trucking companies should keep in mind the following instructions:

  • For each state that the trucking company or the freight forwarder operates, a process agent must be designated
  • Each of the designated process agents must be residents of that specific state
  • The trucking company or freight forwarder can designate itself as a process agent for its own state of residence
  • State officials may also be designated as process agents but they must ensure that their agreement to act as a process agent is furnished with the designation

The form and filing instructions can be found here:

EIN Number

A trucking company should get an EIN or Employer Identification Number. EIN number is also called FEIN or Federal Employer Identification Number. It will be required for federal taxes and recording of business registrations. The EIN is a unique 9-digit number generated by the IRS. Visit to apply for the EIN number.

Registering under the Unified Carrier Registration System

A trucking company should also get itself registered under UCR or Unified Carrier Registration System. The Unified Carrier Registration System was created by the Unified Carrier Registration Act of 2005 by replacing the SSRS or Single State Registration System. According to the UCR Program, all vehicles that operate commercially have to register themselves with a participating state and they have to pay an annual fee based on the fleet’s size. The trucking companies can get the United Carrier Registration done at

Heavy Vehicle Use Tax

Another requirement to start a trucking business is the HVUT or the Heavy Vehicle Use Tax. It is a tax that is applicable for heavy vehicles which operate on public highways at their registered gross weights which is either equal to or is more than 55,000 lbs. 

However, certain types of vehicles are exempt from the HVUT:

  • Commercial vehicles which travel less than 5,000 miles per year
  • Agriculture vehicles which travel less than 7,500 miles per year
  • Vehicles which are not considered highway motor vehicles. For example, vehicles which are specifically designed for off-highway transportation
  • Vehicles which are qualified as blood collector machineries and are used by qualified blood collector organizations

Additional groups that receive HVUT exemptions are:

  • The Federal Government
  • State or Local governments
  • The American Red Cross
  • Non-profit volunteer fire departments, ambulance associations or rescue squads
  • Indian Tribal Governments (for vehicles used in essential tribal government functions)
  • Mass Transportation Authorities

All carriers who are exempt from HVUT and wish to claim so, have to file tax forms with the IRS. Alternatively, exempt carriers can also notify the local DMV.

Less than 55,000 lbs: No Tax

55,000 - 75,000 lbs: $100 + $22 per 1,000 lbs over 55,000

75,001 lbs: $550

All heavy vehicles which fall under the HVUT paying category have to fill Form 2290 and pay the tax at Note- the rates above may change over time.

Apportioned Plates

Each truck of a trucking company is required to have apportioned plates if that truck will be crossing state lines. These apportioned plates are received once there is an IRP or International Registration Plan registered for the truck. The IRP is the registration required for vehicles that have a weight of more than 26,000 lbs and operate interstate.  This is the registration cooperation agreement between the 48 mainland states of America and the provinces of Canada. Hawaii and Alaska have separate provisions which will be discussed later in this section. Calculating the miles that the trucks and other carriers travel in each of the participating jurisdictions, the IRP provides the payment of the registration fees. The main role of the IRP is to contribute to ensuring the best possible use of the highway system in the United States. The intent was the promotion of interstate operation of vehicles so that commerce could flourish between all states.

One of the most compelling aspects of the IRP plan is that vehicles like trucks, tractors or power units do not require separate license plates to operate outside their home state. All the vehicles from the 48 mainland states and Canadian provinces only require one license plate which is marked as ‘APP’, ‘ARP’ or ‘Apportioned’. Also, vehicles only need to get the apportioned plates registered in the home state. The apportioned license plate ensures that all the states that the vehicle is passing through receive a portion of the registration fee. With the apportioned license plates the vehicle also needs to have a cab card. This cab card shows the states through which the particular vehicle can pass by and the maximum permissible weight of the vehicle.

On registering for the International Registration Plan, the vehicle will receive an Apportioned License Plate for the power unit and an Apportioned Cab Card which will have a list of all the states and provinces that the vehicle is registered to operate in. The fee to be paid for the Apportioned License Plate varies in different states. Trailers do NOT require and IRP or Apportioned Plates. 

Please visit a local dmv site to find the IRP handbook and see what requirements are needed to apply for a new IRP registration. Each state may have different requirements for what needs to be brought in. 

Hawaii and Alaska are exempt from having the IRP plate. However, there are certain special rules to be followed by trucking companies who wish to operate in Hawaii and Alaska.

If a trucking company’s base state is Hawaii, it needs to register for an IRP plate through one of the other states in which its fleet will be operating.

Alaska is the northern-most American state and hence, its geographical location makes it extremely difficult for trucks to operate. For example, the 2260 miles between Seattle to Anchorage takes about 44 hours to cross via road. Trucks usually will have to operate via Canada. In spite of its geographical location, trucks need to go to Alaska as the state heavily relies on the other 48 American states for its daily requirements. To operate in Alaska, trucking companies do not need an IRP plate but they do need a TRT or Temporary Registration of Truck or Trailer which is a temporary permit valid for 30 days. To get this permit, a trucking company has to contact the Alaska Department of Administration. The temporary permit can be obtained at the Tok DMV or at Tok Weigh Station. The fee to be paid for the TRT for Truck Tractors, Trucks, Vans and so on is $35 and $10 for a Semi-trailer or a Trailer. This has to be done each time the 30 days expire.


Similar to IRP program above, IFTA or International Fuel Tax Agreement is a cooperative program that distributes a truck's total fuel tax in all the states and provinces travelled by that truck. Under the IFTA program, truckers are required to keep a record of the gallons of fuel bought in each state and the number of miles travelled in each state. The first step is to apply for an IFTA license in the home jurisdiction. This application will provide 2 decals and a license that can go in your cab. Once this is received, quarterly taxes need to be filed in the home jurisdiction. Just as IRP above, this agreement is in the 48 contigous states in the USA along with the provinces in Canada. The purpose of IFTA is to take the fuel tax from the state that was used to fill up the truck and if necessary redistribute it to the different states that a truck driver travels in. The filing due date is the end of the month after each quarter, so for 1Q which ends March 31st the filing due date is April 30th. IFTA can result in either having to pay additional fuel tax or receiving a credit. In order to file IFTA a trucking company needs to keep track of all fuel receipts and also keep track of all miles driven per state. ELD providers like ELD Mandate provide IFTA for free to make life easier for trucking companies when filing time comes up. 

RFID (Radio Frequency Identification)

RFID or Radio Frequency Identification is a tag that allows a truck to pass the toll ways of highways, unstopped. Having an RFID tag on the truck’s windscreen will allow the truck to pass in special lanes. The toll fee is calculated automatically, ensuring that the truck is always on schedule. The trucking company can get an RFID tag installed on each truck. This will save time but is not mandatory. A trucking company can also get a fuel card. Working like a debit card, a fuel card will ensure smooth re-fueling, minus all the hassle of keeping cash with the driver.

Other Requirements

A trucking company aiming to do secondary businesses is required to have secondary licenses as well. For example, if a trucking company wants its trucks to get hired for transporting government, intermodal or military goods, it needs to have a SCAC or Standard Carrier Alpha Code. SCAC is a two to four letter code which gives a specific identification to a trucking company. It can be obtained from NMFTA or the National Motor Freight Traffic Association at

The ELD Mandate is another requirement from the FMCSA. From December of 2019 it has been required for all trucking companies who do interstate commerce to have an ELD. There are certain trucks that don't require ELDs, and those are the ELD Exemptions

Getting all the required permits and licenses will ensure that the fleet operates smoothly and the cargo gets transported on time. Those above are a list of all the legal licenses required to start a trucking company. Next we will discuss Insurance.

Insurance For a New Trucking Company

Operating a trucking company is neither easy nor is it risk-free. Insurance helps protect from potential financial losses, injuries and/or damages. Additionally, certain insurance is also a requirement for the FMCSA. For example, the trucking company will need to show to the FMCSA that it has public liability insurance in order to be granted a MC number.

The requirements of the types of insurance required depends on the type of work the applicant does.

All applicants are usually notified by letter about their MC number and the date of publication of FMCSA’s public notice to register the trucking company. Upon receiving the MC number, the applicant should be ready to file all the required forms. All the required forms for insurance filing has to reach the FMCSA within 90 days of the publication of the public notice.

These are the requirements for insurance filing:

  • Motor Carriers and Freight Forwarders are required to fill Form BMC-91 or BMC-91X. This is a public liability insurance that gives protection coverage against property damage or environmental restoration or bodily injury.

Any freight forwarders who is in non-vehicular operation can seek a waiver for this requirement.

Amount of minimum coverage:

  • For vehicles that haul freight, a minimum insurance coverage of $750,000-$5,000,000 is required. The amount varies depending on the type of commodity that is being transported by the trucks.
  • For vehicles that haul non-hazardous freight, a minimum insurance coverage of $300,000 is required. However, the weight of the vehicles should be less than 10,001 lbs for this coverage amount.
  • Household Goods Motor Carriers and Household Goods Freight forwarders are required to fill up Form BMC-34 or BMC-83. The minimum cargo insurance requirement is $5,000 for each vehicle and $10,000 for each occurrence.
  • Freight Forwarder Brokers of Freight are required to fill up Form BMC-84 or BMC-85. The Surety Bond amount is $75,000. Also, the Trust Fund is $75,000.
  • All Hazmat Safety Permit Carriers are required to fill up MCS-90. This is actually an Endorsement for the Motor Carrier Policies of Insurance for Public Liability. This falls under Sections 29 and 30 of the Motor Carrier Act of 1980.

The FMCSA notes that it must be made sure that all the details like name and address of the business in all the filings for operating authority is the same that was provided in pre-registration filings. If there is any discrepancy, the supplemental filings may get rejected.  

It is important to note that the insurance company which is furnishing the insurance coverage of the trucking company should directly submit the liability and cargo insurance forms online from the home office. The copies of the insurance forms are not provided by the FMCSA.

A filer account needs to be set up with the FMCSA by the insurance companies which wish to file the Forms BMC-91, BMC-91X, BMC-34 and BMC-84 online. It should be noted here in this regard that the filer accounts should only be set by the insurance companies. Indivudual insurance agents are not permitted to set up filer accounts.

Additionally, a filer account needs to be set up with the FMCSA by the financial institution which plans to file the Forms BMC-85 online.

The FMCSA website has a list of the required insurances a trucking company should have. Make sure to give this a thorough read at Before settling for insurance, it is advisable to take a number of quotes and settle for the insurance that suits the business well. Generally, insurance premiums cost around $1,000-$3,000 per truck per year.

Installation of ELDs in the truck as well as dash cams may lower these insurance premiums.

The insurance premium to be paid for each truck depends on its CSA or Compliance, Safety, Accountability Score. This score is calculated on the basis of the truck maintaining road rules and regulations. A lower CSA score will ensure a lower insurance premium to be paid for a particular truck. 

The last discussion in this guide is on CDL Endorsements. 

What are all the Endorsements in the CDL?

The FMCSA has 3 classes of CDL, as previously discussed. A truck owner or a driver can operate vehicles according to the CDL obtained. However, endorsements can be added onto a CDL so that more vehicles can be operated by the driver or owner. Having endorsements will give that driver an option to take up a different type of load, that may be less common.

These below are the various endorsements that can be obtained by Class A CDL, Class B CDL and Class C CDL holders below:

  • H- Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) (Class A, B, or C)
  • P- Passenger Transport (Class A, B, or C)
  • S- School Bus/ Passenger Transport (Class A, B, or C)
  • N- Tank Vehicle (Class A or B)
  • X- Tankers Transporting HAZMAT (Class A or B)
  • T- Doubles or Triples (Class A only)

H- Hazardous Material (HAZMAT)

According to government regulations, hazardous materials are anything that can cause harm to living creatures and/or the environment. This endorsement is required to transport hazardous materials like combustible liquids, gases or explosives. There are certain steps to follow to get a H endorsement. A HME or Hazardous Materials Endorsement test has to be taken and the TSA's Security Threat Application has to be completed. Next, the applicant is required to submit fingerprints at an authorized collection site. Two identification proofs (Driver’s license and DOT medical card) will have to be shown as well. An applicant needs to pay $100 for the H-endorsement and $87 for the TSA screening.

P- Passenger Transport

Having this endorsement will allow the applicant to operate a vehicle which carries more than 16 passengers (including the driver), for example, a commuter bus. To obtain this endorsement, the applicant will have to pass both a written and a road skills test.

S- School Bus/ Passenger Transport

To obtain an S-endorsement, the applicant must have a P-endorsement already. With the S-endorsement, the applicant can operate a school bus. As the driver of the school bus will be responsible for little children, obtaining S-endorsement has additional steps. Apart from the written and road skills test in an appropriate vehicle, a thorough background check is done on the applicant. Some states require the applicant to give the test every time the license is to be renewed so that the applicant’s knowledge of the prevalent school bus rules can be judged. A physical examination of the applicant can be done periodically in order to hold on to the S-endorsement. The particular state’s DMV can provide further details. 

N- Tank Vehicle

A tank vehicle is designed in such a way that it can transport liquefied gaseous material or liquids safely. Having this endorsement will give an applicant the opportunity to operate a truck with this material. A temporary or a permanent tank can be attached to the vehicle. In order to obtain this endorsement, an applicant has to pass an extra written test.

X- Tankers Transporting HAZMAT

Having this endorsement will allow the holder to transport hazardous materials in a tanker. For this endorsement, an applicant will have to pass a written test.

T- Doubles or Triples

This endorsement will give the applicant the chance to tow a double or triple trailer. A written test is required for a candidate to receive this endorsement.

All the steps above are the first steps to starting a trucking business from scratch. Good luck trucking! Get the best ELD device along with other important technology like dash cams, trailer trackers, with ELD Mandate


Vineet Baid

Vineet Baid
Like the simple things in life like chocolates, beer, and fries.

John Parker

John Parker

Is Customer Service Important To You? We Have the highest rated ELD device in the industry.

Leave A Reply

Contact us


Live Representatives 24/7/365, no waiting.